NSG Garden Birdwatch 20th June 2008

The Lesser Spot Finder temporarily migrated to Kenya in June 2008. Africa hands will find the trail worth following.
Lesser Spot Finder

NSG Garden Birdwatch 20th June 2008

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 am

Between 1730 - 1830hrs I sat at the doorway of my room with a large cup of coffee and recorded the birds seen. A respectable 23 species were seen with an additional 2 species either side of the hour.

The following species were noted (in order of appearance):

Streaky Seedeater, Augur Buzzard, Baglafecht Weaver, Superb Starling, Speckled Mousebird, Bronze Sunbird, Olive Thrush, Little Swift, White-eyed Slaty Flycatcher, Common Fiscal, Black-headed Oriole, Red-eyed Dove, African Pied Wagtail, Pied Crow, Brimstone Canary, Rufous Sparrow, Greater Blue-eared Starling, Cape Robin Chat, Common Bulbul, Red-billed Firefinch, Yellow-rumped Seedeater, Hadada Ibis and Great Sparrowhawk. The birds either side of the hour were Sacred Ibis and Cinnamon Bee-Eater.

As I type it is Saturday morning. Black-headed Oriole is nest building above the eating area and singing superbly. The call is very much like that of Golden Oriole and indeed would not be out of place at Lakenheath Fen.

Richard