Fighting for Conservation

Forum for general interest, book or product comments, good watering holes or other matters of interest to your fellow members

Moderator: roger dickey

roger dickey

Fighting for Conservation

Postby roger dickey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:39 am

I am in the process of putting together a 60 minute talk/presentation on the work of the AOS over the recent years. Not surprisingly it will have my own spin on it from my tours - operational and non-op but will naturally include others'.

I intend covering birds from the following places (list not exclusive):
Afghanistan
Ascension Island
Falkland Islands
Hong Kong
Diego Garcia
Canada - BATUS
Gibraltar
Germany
UK - including Jura, Cape Wrath, Leconfield, Salisbury Plain etc

A tall order but I hope to bring it together by showing birds and soldiering from the regions under a number of anecdotal stories.

My problem is my lack of photos! I would be grateful for any contributions, which will be recognised in the talk, and if you feel motivated - a short line on any link to the bird or the circumstances in which it was taken. Slides of maps equally useful.

I have the title, venues and dates and need to have it ready by early March - what could go wrong? Please contact me via this means or through roger@dickey4444.freeserve.co.uk .

Why? After the promotions that BTO gave us on the radio and television at the launch of the Bird Atlas, I want to push the message that we are a conservation group as well as a bird watching organisation and well worth joining.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Roger