Sanctuary Magazine 2015 - Foxglove, Stone Curlews and more!

Forum for general interest, book or product comments, good watering holes or other matters of interest to your fellow members

Moderator: roger dickey

Jack Brew

Sanctuary Magazine 2015 - Foxglove, Stone Curlews and more!

Postby Jack Brew » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:40 am

I have just got my hard copy of Sanctuary Magazine 2015. It is as usual a good read and available from the Gov website at address below if you are not on the distribution list. It includes an article about ringing at Foxglove that will interest many as well as lots of other birding articles and photos including Stone Curlews.

There is also a brief piece about 50 years of RAFOS but you can flip right past that!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... owres_.pdf

Jim P

Postby Jim P » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:41 pm

I agree, a cracking read - even page 74 :wink:

Jim
Last edited by Jim P on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

roger dickey

Sanctuary

Postby roger dickey » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Agree - it's a really good publication and a pity that it doesn't get a wider circulation.

Who wrote under the initials JP Jim??? A good article as well as Tony's.

But what's this on page 96? The Joint Ringing Display Team gets a mention! Apparently we were very lucky to have Tim Cowley with us to identify the birds for us. I thought I identified the Scandi Willow Warbler but my memory obviously fails me. In truth a joint effort and very interesting weekend.

So well done to all that contributed and don't forget to fly the AOS colours when we can!

loops

Postby loops » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Hmmmm, methinks there may be a bit of bias creeping in here regarding page 74! :lol:

Turnstone

Postby Turnstone » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Yes, a good read. Nice to see the piece on Jean Claydon remembering Norman. I first met Norman not long after I joined ABWS in 1974. He instructed me to carry out surveys on Longmoor Ranges. Note I said instructed not requested!! I was a Sgt then and did as I was told! Also very nice to know that Jean is still active.

Jim P

Postby Jim P » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 am

loops wrote:Hmmmm, methinks there may be a bit of bias creeping in here regarding page 74! :lol:
Possibly in a moment of madness - original post edited to provide a more accurate reflection :)

Jim