Tornado Warning

Birding reports from our roving reporter, Lesser Spot Finder, in Alberta, Canada.
Lesser Spot Finder

Tornado Warning

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

The skies have been broody all day and as I type were are all locked down with minimal movement around Camp. This is due to a large tornado system being tracked on it's way towards Suffield.

Subsequently my chance to bird has been curtailed and, as I am due to drive to Calgary Airport at 0001hrs for a pickup, I'll probably get my head down instead for a couple of hours.

Not much to report today apart from a mobile flock of Cedar Waxwings around the Suffield end of the base. The Cliff Swallows that were moved on from the Canadian accommodation now appear to have move to the British accommodation where I suspect they'll be left alone following the lice incident.

Let's hope I pick something up on the Route 1 tonight.

Wandering Tattler

TORNADO

Postby Wandering Tattler » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Could be really good birding after the tornado, especially if birds are still migrating.

Lesser Spot Finder

Re: TORNADO

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Wandering Tattler wrote:Could be really good birding after the tornado, especially if birds are still migrating.
The thought had crossed my mind. Let's hope I don't find the bodies of numerous Red-winged Blackbirds tomorrow. Heading up the Route 1 in a couple of hours so fingers crossed.

Lesser Spot Finder

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Torrential rain all day so haven't attempted to go out and bird. Given the cloud state at the moment I would susoect this is here for a while longer.