Where to go in East Anglia?

Know a good birding site or a favourite site for a specific species? Add a short description here with Grid Reference and access route if applicable. No rare breeding bird sites though please.
A Kaduck

Where to go in East Anglia?

Postby A Kaduck » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm

I have been dragooned into attending a function in Lavenham on Saturday, but the upside is that this will put me in a position to do some birding in Norfolk or Suffolk on the Sunday. Not having had the opportunity to visit this part of the country, I'm looking for advice on the best spot to try. Minsmere? Ouse Washes? Any ideas?

Anthony

Lesser Spot Finder

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Anthony,

in my opinion you have two options - both great. Either the North Norfolk coast starting at Hunstanton Cliffs and moving Eastwards through Titchwell, Holkham and onto Cley. You should be able to do all three locations if you start early (and stop off at various locations on the way). Secondly start at Minsmere and move nothwards along the coast.

In my humble opinion the former is the best option. Please give me a bell on 94222 4208 or 4319 and I'll discuss more if you need and explain the best locations and what birds to expect.

Have a great time and hope to see you at Portland.

Rich